The months leading up to your wedding should be just as amazing as the big day itself. To help you take the stress out of wedding planning, Ella Moda in Brisbane, have devised a step by step to do list. We’ve also included information on when you should begin your custom wedding dress journey.
- Set the date, this will be the anchor to almost all your planning, so deciding on a date before you start is helpful.
- Check with any important guests to avoid clashes.
- Create a folder to keep notes and inspiration so you have your references in one place.
- If you’re planning on hiring a wedding planner, start researching and reading testimonials.
- Choose your bridal party.
- Find a venue.
- Start researching and meeting with different suppliers, vendors, caterers, photographers, hairdressers and make-up artists.
- Organise your initial consultation with Ella Moda to begin your custom wedding dress
- Book your entertainment.
- Choose your vendors, caterers, photographer, hairdresser and make-up artists, and put down your deposits.
- Finalise your guest list.
- Choose your wedding stationary.
- Place final orders for your Save The Date invitations to your final guest list.
- Send Save The Dates.
- Organise a hair and make-up trial.
- Choose your wedding rings and organise any necessary re-sizing.
- Look for bridesmaid dresses and suits for the groomsmen.
- Visit Ella Moda for your custom wedding dress
- Start booking your honeymoon and ensure passports are valid.
- Meet with your celebrant.
- Talk to your beautician about creating a skincare plan.
- Visit Ella Moda again for your next custom wedding dress
- Send out invitations.
- Review your playlist with your entertainment.
- Touch base with venues, vendors, caterers, photographer, hairdresser and make-up artist to confirm details and finalise any outstanding invoices or accounts.
- Give your completed Intended Marriage form to your celebrant (can be done between 18 months and 1 month before the wedding).
- Ensure all bridesmaid dresses and suits fit your bridal party and organise any necessary alterations.
- Follow-up on the guest list and confirm all RSVPs.
- Visit Ella Moda for one of your last custom wedding dress
- Once your RSVP list is finalised, create your seating chart.
- Organise a bridal kit with everything from lip balm to a sewing kit so you feel prepared for anything.
- Confirm times with venues, vendors, caterers, photographer, hairdresser and make-up artist.
- Send timeline of the day to bridal party and delegate any small tasks to family members or friends.
- Break in your shoes.
- Pack for your honeymoon and compile any necessary travel documents.
- Attend your final custom wedding dress fitting at Ella Moda.
Day Before Wedding
- Rehearse the ceremony.
- Revise the responsibilities among the bridal party, wedding planner and any helping hands.
- Allow time for any manicures or pedicures.
On the Wedding Day
- Give gifts to your bridesmaids
- Get ready and enjoy your day!
Of course, every wedding day is as unique as your Ella Moda custom wedding dress, but we hope this check list helps your special day run smoother.